As of July 2, 2023, we allow open registration of accounts on vmst.io. Previously all accounts had to be validated by a moderator.
In order to keep the number of junk accounts on vmst.io as low as possible, we ask you to:
- Sign up for an account at vmst.io/auth/sign_up
- Verify your provided email address by clicking a link we'll send to you from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete a hCaptcha verification
Depending on if our systems identify your request as a risk, we may still flag some account requests for additional review by a member of our staff.
We generally want all accounts on vmst.io to be active at some point. You can be a lurker, and never post, but if you sign up and never come back we reserve the right to delete your account.
Complete any of the following actions to confirm the account is not abandoned:
- Set profile information, such as by adding an avatar or filling out biography information.
- Add multi-factor authentication to an account.
- Add a post, boost a post, or reply to any post.
The intention is not to delete accounts which fall out of use, only to avoid namesquatting or artificially boosting our registration numbers.